2 img files on SD card

Vše co se týká železa značky Garmin.

2 img files on SD card

Odeslatod jerseyboy » 16.03.09 18:47 (Po)

I have used mapsource to copy a region of Europe CN 2009 NT to my micro sd card on the Etrex Legend HCx. I have also copied a portion of an unlocked TOPO map which is also registered inside of Mapsource to the card. One overwrites the other.

On the card itself I have tried to rename the second one to gmapsup1.img but the it is never seen by the unit.

Any ideas please?
GPS eTrex LEGEND HCx
jerseyboy

Registrace: 11.03.09 19:41 (St)

Re: 2 img files on SD card

Odeslatod Hopkirk » 17.03.09 19:46 (Út)

jerseyboy napsal:On the card itself I have tried to rename the second one to gmapsup1.img but the it is never seen by the unit.

I hope that Your navigation can to see only gmapsupp.img on the SD card, but gmapprom (and others) no. I have this problem too (Garmin 770).
Hopkirk

Registrace: 01.05.08 23:43 (Čt)

Odeslatod jerseyboy » 17.03.09 20:17 (Út)

I have discovered that I can "export" from Mapsource from 2 diiferent maps (CN EUR 2009 NT and TOPO FRANCE) but it makes a single file on the SD card. Both maps can be accessed from inside the unit.

I would still like to find out how to put 2 .IMG files on that SD card.
GPS eTrex LEGEND HCx
jerseyboy

Odeslatod Hopkirk » 17.03.09 20:48 (Út)

I am repeating, from the SD card it can be read only one file - gmapsupp.img.
Hopkirk

Registrace: 01.05.08 23:43 (Čt)

Odeslatod Monoid » 23.03.09 12:40 (Po)

jerseyboy napsal:I would still like to find out how to put 2 .IMG files on that SD card.

As said above, it is not possible to have 2 IMG files on the SD card. You may have one IMG in the unit and one on the card.

If you have a map tiles available as IMG file (and not Mapsource instalation) then you can join two or more IMG files to one IMG file using utility GmapTool.

Or you could use MapSetToolkit to make Mapsource instalation from single IMG file. In that case you'll loose global search index, which means that you vil not be able to search POI, adresses, and so on.

I would recomend joining two IMG files using GMapTool, in that case you wil not loose global index and searching will work well. And also joining two IMG files is much faster than creating IMG file of two mapsets in Mapsource.
Monoid

Registrace: 15.04.08 9:25 (Út)

Odeslatod jerseyboy » 23.03.09 12:50 (Po)

Thank you very much Monoid. Using the Gmap tool works perfectly and is an excellent solution to my problem. I need to be able to search so using the Mapsource solution would not be very helpful.
GPS eTrex LEGEND HCx
jerseyboy

Zpět na Garmin: GPS přijímače